lundi 27 octobre 2008

If Paris was a girl part 3

Now that I think of it, I may have overreacted, but at the time, I didn't want my suddenly-promising love life to be compromised by a medieval feud between my new found prince charming and adored but evil boss! But sometimes when you are with a boy you like, you can't help but act stupid:

- Really, well you know he's just my boss...nothing more than that. We dont have to talk about him. I don't ...

- I don't want to put silly ideas in your mind, and anyway I really have to leave now...

- Well me too... I have a meeting with my boss. He doesn't like it when people are late.

- Yeah I know. Was nice meeting you. Here's my card (looking funny)

- Thank you. I don't have a card, but (winking and trying to look smart) you know where to...

- Yeah, ok see you some time!

- Wait! Shall I give Mark a message? (am i stupid or what?!)

- (Looking at me annoyed) No thanks - running away, stopping and coming back: yeah just say hi to Gloriana...

- (all excited) Oh you know Gloriana?! Oh yes you know her, if you worked together...(realizing something not quite sure what it is but...)

- And tell Mark I'm in town. (approaches, embarrassed) shall we go for la bise?

- (blushing) sure.

I approach him, realize how tall and powerful he is compared to small little thing like me. Kiss his left cheek (oh his skin is so so soft), go for the right cheek (oh he looked at me, straight in the eye) kiss it:

- Ok then thanks for the tea and see...

OMG! I can't believe it! He ran off without listening to me to the end. How can he be so disrespectful?! Am I stupid or what?! Oh god! Ok I have to go back. I'll never see him again, that's for sure! I'm such a loser!

Back to the office, I made a happy face, happy smile so my colleagues could see something was going on. My girls, Helene, American expat, and Jeanne, colleague I've known for 6 months, were obviously the first to know about the stunner. They were really excited, mostly about the feud part! You know how girls get excited about this kind of things. So we decided to discover what it was all abaout, as I got on quite well with my boss, and Helene knew him from the NY office, apparently after Gabriel had already left.

A minute before the meeting started, I went to Mark to see if there was anything else I could prepare for him (yes I am a very dedicated assistant. Guess I will be a very dedicated wife and mother too!) and told him about my meeting and his hi to Gloriana and him.

- You know, his name is Gabriel. Didn't give me his surname though.

- Tell me again exactly how you met...

I told him, making sure I forgot no details, but not sure he even knew who I was talking about. At the end of the story, and while we were sitting around the big table, he remained still but I could see the ghost of a smile curling his lips. Didn't know what to think of it, but unfortunately, the meeting had begun! I'm never going to focus straight on the matter.

Gabriel. Gabriel. Who are you? Where are you? Are we ever going to meet again? Of course we will, I have his card.

Funeroad

The road to heaven

Rue des Déchargeurs 75006 Paris

WHAT!!! He gave me a pro card. No name on it! OMG I can't believe it once again. That is so rude! WTF! Couldn't help but letting a little puppy sound out! All in the meeting room looked at me. My boss, annoyed, did the big eyes thing, as if he was going to turn into a monster. I had to get some fresh air!

- Need coffee or juice anyone?

- We already have some on the TABLE!, my boss said.

- I have to go to the ladies room...(lower to my boss) I guess Satan has come to visit me for the 5 next days.

Quickly left the room, ruched to the loo, and started crying out of despair... why these things always happen to me? ! *sob*

Yes when girls need fresh air, they go to the toilets. That is just a fact. Don't ask me why.

Aucun commentaire: